| 1. God & Family - With out God's grace and the support of my family, I would not be here now.
2. Hard Work - That sounds cliché . . . but it takes hard work to be successful . . . Life is not easy . . . It's not supposed to be.
3. Doing Whatever It Took - Do whatever it takes . . . any job that must be done . . . any position that must be filled to complete the mission is your responsibility . . . Find A Way.
4. Being Surrounded by Good People - "Over achievers". . . Learn to identify good people . . . Figure out how to get them on your team . . . Learn what motivates them and provide that motivation.
5. Setting The Work Ethic Example - Get in early, stay late . . . Work neatly . . Work efficiently . . . Work in the same manner you expect your people to work.
6. Always Pushing To Get Better - Do one thing every day that makes you a little better at your job . . . Remember in our world 75% is average . . . If you can get to 76% you have three-fourths of your competition beat.
7. Studying - To learn you must study . . . To pass exams in school you had to study hard . . . Life, business, or big exams . . . To get high grades you've got to study . . The world is full of books, videos and information other people have gathered for years . . . Use it!
8. Not Being Intimidated By My Competition - I respect them but don't let them intimidate me . . . Never underestimate your competition . . . Always try to overestimate them . . . If they are stronger than you think they are, you get beat . . . If they aren't as strong as you think, you beat them easier.
9. Belief In The Team And The Project - Strong belief in a project by its leader trickles down to the troops . . . That belief soon becomes confidence.
10. Willingness To Put Personal Gain Behind The Project - When your mind set changes from "what is this project going to do for me" to "what more can I do to make this project successful", you are about to accomplish big things.
11. Making Change When Change Is Needed - You have to be willing to change direction when needed . . . Never change for the sake of change . . . Make sure you have a reason, purpose and direction . . . Then make your change without looking back.
12. Working On My Weaknesses - We all have them . . . Identify them . . . Go to work on them . . . Eliminate them.
13. Working On Communication - You can't lead if you can't communicate . . . effective and clear communication is a great tool that is seldom used properly.
14. Resources And Using Them - Identify them . . . Acquire them . . . Use them.
15. Being Able to Focus On Short-term Goals Without Distraction - You need long range goals for sure but you also need short term goals . . .Train yourself to keep an eye on the tree while grabbing the low hanging fruit first.
16. Having The Freedom To Do My Job - If you give someone a project . . . give them guidance, resources and time frames and let them go . . . Don't Micro-manage.
17. Creating Team Spirit - Everyone wants to be part of something special . . . Create something special for your people to be a part of.
18. Sharing The Money And The Glory - Nothing great is ever accomplished alone . . . If your team's performance is rewarded by money and glory, make sure that everyone shares in the rewards.
19. Always Having A Plan And Sharing It With The Team - People have got to know where you are going before they will follow you . . . Share your vision often . . . Soon your team will see it, too.
20. Compassion, Passion and Emotion - You can't be great without it . . . Have compassion for your people . . . Let them know it . . . Have passion for your mission . . . Make sure everyone knows it.