Kasey Kahne--Homestead-Miami Preview
Driver: Kasey Kahne
Team Owner: Ray Evernham
Chassis: No. 106
Car Info: Pole and finished third at
Darlington (A); started
fourth at Charlotte (A)
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
“I’ve learned a lot this year. As a team, we’ve learned a lot, but I think more progress will be made in the off-season with the changes that Ray (Evernham) and Evernham Motorsports are making. Some of those changes have already been made and will be evident at Homestead. We’ve tried a lot of things this year, but I think we’ll really make progress in the off-season. I’m not satisfied with this season. I’ve made plenty of mistakes this year and not finished some races I should have. I’ve learned a lot, but I still have a long way to go.
“We're looking forward to next season and coming back with a strong car, a strong team and some strong performances. We had a lot of potential this year, but couldn't seem to get the chemistry or communication of the team just right, and I seemed to fight the racecar all year long. We're ready to put that behind us and compete for a spot in the 2006 Chase for the Championship.”
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY
• This will mark Kahne’s second visit to Homestead-Miami Speedway, he made his first career Cup Series start at the 1.5-mile oval in November 2004, and he started his No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge fourth.
SPENDING TIME UP FRONT
• Kahne is ranked seventh overall in laps led among active drivers in the 2005 season. After 35 races, he has been at the point position for 430 laps.
WITH THE FRONT RUNNERS
• Kahne has earned an average start of 15th in the 2005 season. Of the drivers who have competed in all 35 races this year, Kahne is ranked eighth in a two-way tie with teammate Jeremy Mayfield.
• Kahne has two poles this season, ranking him fourth in a four-way tie among the drivers who have competed in all 35 races this year. Fellow drivers who share the four-way tie are Jeff Gordon, Kevin Harvick and Matt Kenseth.
• After racing at Phoenix, Kahne held the 22nd position of the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup point standings. His point total of 3,496 is 178 points out of 20th and 535 points out of 11th.
EVERNHAM MOTORSPORTS MILESTONES
• Kahne’s 2005 win at Richmond, in addition to teammate Jeremy Mayfield’s victory at Michigan, marked the first time that Evernham Motorsports teammates had each won a NASCAR Nextel Cup Series race in the same season.